How to Find Quality Wildlife Removal Services
When wildlife enters your living spaces, it can lead to potential health risks and damage to your property. Finding a quality wildlife removal service is crucial to address the situation humanely and efficiently. However, not all wildlife removal services are created equal. Let’s explore the steps and considerations necessary to find the best professionals in this field.
Wildlife Removal Services in NJ | Tips for Finding the Best
1. Understand Your Specific Needs
Before beginning your search, pinpoint what type of wildlife issue you’re dealing with. Is it a raccoon rummaging through your trash? Bats in the attic? Or maybe it’s a snake in the backyard? Each scenario may require a specialist with particular expertise.
2. Online Reviews and Recommendations
Start with a simple online search for “wildlife removal services near me”. Read through reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau. Keep an eye out for comments about:
- Effectiveness of the service
- Humaneness of the removal methods
Word-of-mouth recommendations from neighbors, friends, or family can also be invaluable. They can provide insights into their experiences and satisfaction levels with local providers.
3. Check Licenses and Certifications
It’s crucial to choose a service that is fully licensed and certified. This ensures that the professionals adhere to local and state regulations, guaranteeing the safety of both the animals and homeowners. You can generally verify licenses through your state’s wildlife or environmental protection agency.
4. Humaneness and Ethical Treatment
Quality wildlife removal services prioritize the humane and ethical treatment of animals. Avoid companies that:
- Use poisons or harmful traps
- Do not take precautions to keep young animals (like baby raccoons or birds) with their mothers during relocation
- Do not seek to educate clients on preventive measures
Instead, opt for services that use catch-and-release methods, and possibly even rehabilitation for injured or orphaned animals.
5. Services Offered and Expertise
While some companies might specialize in removing certain types of animals, others may offer a broad spectrum of services. Make sure the company has experience with the specific animal you’re dealing with. Furthermore, some quality services will also provide:
- Home inspection to identify entry points
- Preventive measures like sealing entry points or installing barriers
- Cleanup and decontamination services after removal
6. Insurance and Guarantees
Wildlife removal can sometimes be risky, with potential for property damage. Ensure the company you choose has liability insurance to cover any inadvertent damages. Many top-tier companies also offer guarantees on their services, ensuring that if the wildlife returns within a certain time frame, they will address the issue again at no extra cost.
7. Ask About Their Procedures
Don’t hesitate to ask the service provider about their removal process. This can give you a clearer idea of how they handle different situations, the tools they use, and the steps they take to ensure the safety of the animals.
8. Compare Pricing, but Don’t Skimp
While budget considerations are important, don’t just go for the cheapest option. Sometimes, you might be compromising on the quality or ethical practices of the removal process. Get quotes from multiple providers and compare them based on the value and breadth of services they offer, rather than price alone.
9. Availability and Responsiveness
Wildlife issues can sometimes be urgent. A company that offers prompt responses or emergency services can be invaluable. Check their availability, and see if they can assist you in a timely manner.
10. Education and Preventive Measures
Lastly, the best wildlife removal services will not only address the immediate issue but will also educate homeowners on how to prevent future intrusions. This can include advice on:
- Keeping trash bins sealed
- Trimming trees that are too close to the house
- Sealing entry points in the attic or basement
Finding quality NJ wildlife removal services requires a blend of research, understanding your specific needs, and valuing humane and ethical treatments. Ensure that the service you choose prioritizes the safety and well-being of the animals, while also efficiently addressing your concerns. With the right professional help, you can ensure that both your home and the local wildlife coexist peacefully.
Looking for a Highly-Experienced Wildlife Removal Company in New Jersey?
If you’re looking for the best wildlife removal services in the NJ area, Wildlife Control Specialists is here to help! Since 2007, wildlife control has been our only business, and we are proud of our reputation as Wildlife Control Specialists. We’re a New Jersey-based, family-owned company committed to providing humane and environmentally responsible techniques for handling nuisance animal problems including: animal control and removal, animal damage repair and exclusion, and animal control prevention services, Our service area includes Morris County, Hunterdon County, Warren County, Somerset County, and parts of Mercer and Sussex County. With over a decade of experience we are highly trained certified Wildlife Control Professionals, and licensed by the state of New Jersey. We are industry leaders with state-of-the-art equipment, a six-truck fleet, and own 40’ articulating lift to get those places ladders just can’t reach. For more information, you can call us at (888) 758-6572 or explore our website
- Bergen County Wildlife Control
- Essex County Wildlife Control
- Hudson County Wildlife Control
- Hunterdon County Wildlife Control
- Warren County Wildlife Control
- Mercer County Wildlife Control
- Middlesex County Wildlife Control
- Morris County Wildlife Control
- Union County Wildlife Control
- Passaic County Wildlife Control
- Somerset County Wildlife Control
- Sussex County Wildlife Control